3 things from Stephanie, tasting room host at Mount Pleasant in Hunter Valley (Australia)
- We're one of the handful of wineries considered part of the "founding families" of the Hunter.
- The Maurice O'Shea was one of the first Shiraz wines to get 99/100.
- We won "Winery of the Year" 2017 (according to Halliday).
3 things you gotta know about Stolpman Vineyards from Matt, wine educator
- Dry farms.
- Syrah. Also: we're concise around here.
3 things you gotta know about Hahn Estate from Brigid, Tasting Room Host
- That Hahn is like a family. Even the production people come up and help in the tasting room. So it's not just "the wine room". We work as a team.
- We have a lot of folks from Texas [here on the vineyard]! And we've converted them over to California. [Laughs.]
- We have two mousers (i.e. vineyard cats): Princess Chardonnay and Pinot.
3 things you should know about Justin Vineyards & Winery from Jonathan:
- Justin's been in Paso Robles since 1981. We were one of the first wineries in Paso. I think the 7th, actually.
- We do sustainable growth in practice. That means no artificial pesticides and dry farming practices. We also barely irrigate to lessen stress on grapes.
- One of the misconceptions of Justin is that it's corporate owned. We're still family owned. The family's based in Los Angeles and also owns The Wonderful Company, which makes products like almond and juice. They also own the number one nursery in Vacaville. Being part of The Wonderful Company helps Justin with holistic growth and allows us here at the vineyard to expand our wine program.