3 things you should know about Justin Vineyards & Winery from Jonathan:
- Justin's been in Paso Robles since 1981. We were one of the first wineries in Paso. I think the 7th, actually.
- We do sustainable growth in practice. That means no artificial pesticides and dry farming practices. We also barely irrigate to lessen stress on grapes.
- One of the misconceptions of Justin is that it's corporate owned. We're still family owned. The family's based in Los Angeles and also owns The Wonderful Company, which makes products like almond and juice. They also own the number one nursery in Vacaville. Being part of The Wonderful Company helps Justin with holistic growth and allows us here at the vineyard to expand our wine program.
3 things you should know about Chez Panisse from Caleb, line cook upstairs:
- It's way bigger than you think. There's over 100 employees.
- It's been here [at this location] for 45 years.
- It's one of the main contributors to the "farm-to-table" movement.